Boko Haram Chief Executioner, family surrender to the Nigerian troops

By: Zagazola Makama 

A Chief executioner of the Jamā’at Ahl as-Sunnah lid-Da’wah wa’l-Jihād, aka Boko-Haram,  Bashir Bulabuduwaye, who was responsible for slaughtering of all abducted  persons condemned by the group, have surrendered to the Nigerian Troops.

He surrendered alongside his immediate family – comprising wives and children. 

It was gathered terrorist and his family surrendered to the troops of Operation Hadin Kai in Banki in Bama  Local Government Area of Borno State on Sept. 12, 2022.

An Intelligence officer told Zagazola Makama, a Counter Insurgency Expert and Security Analyst in the Lake Chad, that Bulabuduwaye was known to be an official who carries out a sentence of death on a condemned persons, captured military men and civilians when Abubakar Shekau was a Leader of the Sect. group.

The sources said that the former terror kingping had appeared in many grisly footages showing fighters aligned with the Jamā’at Ahl as-Sunnah lid-Da’wah wa’l-Jihād, cutting the throats of  prisoners and shooting captives after accusing them of being infidels. 

The sources said  Bulabuduwaye

and his team of executors had murdered atleast 1,000 persons that were captured and sentenced to death. 

He said that Bulabuduwaye was among the Commanders who fled the last year’s invasion of the terror group’s stronghold in the Sambisa forest area by a column of Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) fighters, in May 2021 which resulted to the death of its Leader Abubakar Shekau.

“He broke away after refusing to pledge his  allegiance to the Islamic State (ISIS), to form a camp in Kote village in the axis of Banki, where he was hiding with other fighters.

He surrendered due to the sustained intensified intelligence-led Air Strikes, heavy artillary bombardment and ground, offensives by the Nigerian Military troops of Operation Hadin Kai.

“It was difficult for him to access food and other logistics coupled with the flooding which already ravaged most of their settlement. He also fear battlefield elimination by ISWAP, being one of those fingered to be eliminated for refusing to pay allegiance,”said the sources.

The Theatre Commander, North East “Operation Hadin Kai”, Maj.-Gen. Christopher Musa, said over 79,000 insurgents comprising combatants and non combatants have so far surrendered.

Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: